Monday, November 4, 2013

It's all fun and games until a lemur loses an eye.

So the boys in the family (Daddy included) were playing a game where they would set Johnny Leumr up on the banister at the bottom of the stairs, and then throw a football at him to see if they could knock him down.

It's harder than it sounds.

It was going well for a while, until one fall, when Johnny lost an eye.  An eye!  I guess falling four feet down onto the hard tile over and over and over was more than that poor lemur could take.

Untitled

I am going to have to run and get some super glue to fix Johnny back up.  He is one well-loved Lemur.

Come to think of it, the football isn't looking so good these days, either.

Untitled

I know I can fix Johnny up (two drops of super glue and call me in the morning), but I have no idea what to do about Connor's beloved Steelers football. It's so sad.  He has had it for about two years (I think) and it goes everywhere with us.  He sleeps with it.  He plays football with it all day long.  One time he threw it over the fence in the back yard and it landed in the neighbor's pond and it was like the world was ending.  It's falling apart, and when I mention it, he just gets mad.  He doesn't want to replace it.  He does not want to throw it out.  He's in denial that there is anything wrong with it at all.

I don't know what to do about it.  So, right now, I'm not doing anything.  He is playing with it and sleeping with it and carrying it around everywhere in its current sad state.

I mean, what do you do when your child loves his most cherished lovey to death?

No comments: